Private sessions with headache whisperer, certified Master Somatic Coach, bodyworker, and author Jan Mundo, CMSC, CMT, RSME
Video cam and phone sessions via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, (and tel)
Headaches and Migraines
Sessions tailored just for you. The Mundo Program for relief and prevention with headache coaching and self-care instruction. Includes Somatic Coaching to unwind embodied stuck patterns and trauma that can underlie chronic headaches and migraine.
- In-depth Headache History Questionnaire assessment and coaching
- Headache Diary assessment and coaching (1 weekly diary per session is included)
- The mind-body connection and embodying your inner headache detective
- Headache types and categories of triggers, oh my!
- Diet and migraine plus tracking your progress
- Meditation, breathing, posture, sleep, and exercise instruction and education
- Your somatic shaping and headaches; underlying causes
- Preventative routine, step-by-step instruction: Easing shoulders, neck, head, face
- Mundo Method therapy instructions: Use your touch and concentration to stop your migraine and tension and “mixed” headaches on the spot.
- Beyond headaches: Keep it going!
Somatic Coaching is “body-as-self” work, and it works beautifully by video and phone! Coaching through the body brings awareness to and helps you unwind where you might be out-of-touch or stuck — in body-mind-emotions-and spirit. It is transformational in the moment and over time. What are your vision and mission, your “for the sake of what”? We work with somatic distinctions, breathing, mindfulness meditation, sensations, feelings, mood, language, voice, aikido-based movement and centering practices, based in your concerns and what you want to create in the world.
Reveal and (re)build the parts of you that were ignored or neglected for your own survival, safety, and whole-self nourishment. Move on, embody your true self: Act from the now not from reactions to the past (and be able to feel the difference). Regain your power; take action in a relaxed body; fulfill your purpose; embody your true self and calling.
Hands-on Headache Therapy, Somatic Bodywork, Coaching
Somatic Bodywork • Mundo Method Hands-on Headache Therapy
Individual in-person Somatic Bodywork and hands-on headache therapy session(s) — typically delivered in combination with Headache and/or Somatic Coaching *Use Special Discounts for in-person sessions; additional studio rental fees will apply.
Special Discounts if purchased by Friday, December 14
- Purchase by Friday, December 14, for following prices (video cam/phone sessions)*
- 1-hour session: $150 (reg
- 1.5-hour session: $195 (reg
- Four 1-hour sessions: $560 (reg
- Four 1.5-hour sessions: $740 (reg
- Ten 1-hour sessions: $1350 (reg
- Ten 1.5-hour sessions: $1800 (reg
Contact Jan to book and pay for private session(s) or with any questions. PayPal, Venmo, check accepted. *For in-person sessions, same discounts apply plus studio rental fee.
You have the power to transform.
Jan Mundo, CMSC, CMT, RSME
Jan Mundo has been helping people with headaches and migraines for nearly fifty years. In 1970 she created the Mundo Method hands-on headache and migraine therapy and in 1993 the Mundo Program for mind-body self-care relief and prevention. She is author of The Headache Healer’s Handbook (New World Library, 2018). Her book teaches chronic headache sufferers how to take charge of and move beyond their pain.
Jan is a certified: Master Somatic Coach and Bodyworker (Strozzi Institute), Body-Centered and Relationship Therapist (Hendricks Institute), and massage therapist with advanced training in multiple healing modalities, including energy work and Somatics and Trauma (generation5). She is a Registered Somatic Movement Educator with ISMETA.
She works with private clients and groups in-person and online and has held programs at medical centers, universities, corporations, and conferences, such as Kaiser Permanente, Stanford University, Apple, and U.S. Association for Body Psychotherapy. She also offers training for bodyworkers, somatic coaches, and medical professionals.
Jan’s writing is published in Massage Magazine, the anthology Being Human At Work by Richard Strozzi-Heckler, Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin, and The Farm Vegetarian Cookbook (contributing editor).